Dayne got his medical suspension (from OCTOBER!!!! ) cleared this morning, so he will be fighting Lucas Montoya on June 5th. Lucas is a black belt in jiu jitsu and a good boxer, so this will be a real fight for Dayne, as he usually can best anyone at Jits. He is better than Montoya, but Montoya doesn't know that, so I'm hoping Lucas'll be cocky, thinking he's black and Dayne's only a brown belt. Dayne should have been black a looong time ago, but Pedro moved to VA. so he has trouble getting belt tested. Either way, please pray for Dayne. He is dedicating this fight to Tyrel and having Ty's name put on his walk out shirt and shorts. Ty had so much faith in Dayne as a fighter that he had Dayne autograph a Throwdown hat so that he would have it when Dayne got famous.
I usually confine myself to praying that the Lord's will be done, and that Dayne just not be injured in his fight, but this time I REALLY want him to win, because I know that if he loses, he will feel like he let down Tyrel's memory and I don't want him to suffer that loss twice. Once was enough and after his brutal loss in WA, he deserves a good, quick win and an opportunity to give a shout out to Ty in his post fight interview. Please join me in my prayers for Dayne.
I have tried to talk Dayne into saying, when they touch gloves, "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" from the Princess Bride, but of course he won't. It's funny right? Plus it's throw Montoya off his game because he'd be thinking "WTF????" LOL.
On an entirely different note, Nicole is being induced tomorrow at 6 AM. I was going to take the day off, but after hearing all the people she has who are intending to be there, I decided to just head over after lunch. I figure they won't let us all in the delivery room anyway. Jeez Louise. I wish I didn't have to go, because I just don't have the time to miss from work, but I know I'll live to regret that bump under her dress if I don't go.
Mason has actually done gradiated the 5th grade! Ha Ha, bad Beverly Hillbillies joke. But seriously, he graduated from High School and I am SO proud of him and of Karla. He made a valiant effort and Karla made an equally (if not greater effort) to get his butt there. So congratulations are in order. CONGRATULATIONS MASON!!!!
So please keep Dayne in your prayers, at least for a safe fight, but if you can squeeze it in, beg God to let him win this one for Tysie. It would make him so happy.
I will be praying for you both. You better text me the minute anything happens too!
ReplyDelete